Live recordings

Does anyone now if Chuck allows his shows to be recorded?

Reid
January 05th, 2005

Max & The Family Way

Just wanted to wish max and his lady all the best, we'll miss him on tour but its the best of reasons!

Kev mcVeigh
January 03rd, 2005

Joe’s Pub

Just found out that Chuck and gang will be at Joe's Pub NYC on 2/2/05. Got my ticktes and can't wait to see them again. This is going to be a great show.

Louise
January 02nd, 2005

Welcome to the East Coast

From hicks like me to suave and sophisticated Philadelphia lawyers, a pile of us Green-Easterners are gearing up to gather in DC-Baltimore-Philly for Chuck's long-awaited swing our way. We'll be the ancient codgers with the pretty wives, and I eagerly anticipate being the first white-haired Camel-smoking Quaker to watch Chuck break an Ernie Ball string. Life is good and January seems long...

Guy Neal Williams
January 02nd, 2005

A Fine Way to Start the New Year

Wow. What a show. There was so much confidence on stage. I've seen Chuck and the ME many many times and have always enjoyed the energy and quality of their live shows: this has always been a generous band. And, this was the best I've seen. The Age of Miracle songs were there in full dress (in loose-fitting comfort). The live versions of the new tunes are taking on individual personalities. And there was so much guitar work! Chuck was on fire. With he and Max it felt - and I dare - like a moment with Duane and Eric: it's that damn good. The rest of the band was just as good. Stephanie hitting the strange harmonies on "Age of Miracles"; Stuart banging away with all that happy energy; the new bass player is fantastic (gotta learn his name). If they're coming to a town near you this winter, get on your boogie shoes, pin on a rose, and do the bomp shoobie doobie bomp. As a side note: Chuck and the ME should be recording every show - even an audience matrix. There is so much going on in the live sets it scares me to think that proper attention to the legacy may be lacking. (PS: Love to hear of any live broadcasts that might come available to the fan base.)

Rob
January 02nd, 2005

Say Hi to Stephanie for me

Hi, I just read the article in the Chronicle Datebook today about you, Chuck, and am so proud of my old school buddy, Stephanie. I'm glad she's able to live the life of an artist.

Carole (Lyle) Valentino
December 29th, 2004

Got Chuck for Christmas!

just got my first Chuck Prophet disc...Age of Miracles...soooo thrilled I saw him at the Turf Club in StPaul MN and loved the show!!!! Love the disc and sooooo happy here!!! Merry Christmas to all....

Catherine
December 23rd, 2004

Age of Miracles review in UK newspaper

This is from the Guardian UK national paper, 24 dec Chuck Prophet's track record of critically acclaimed albums dates back to the mid-1980s, when he was a member of Green on Red. In 2000, it looked as though his fifth solo album, The Hurting Business, might do for him what Lucinda Williams' fifth, Car Wheels on a Gravel Road, did for her. But while it wasn't a big commercial breakthrough, it was an artistic one, setting a standard that Prophet's last album and this new one have more than lived up to. Like Williams, Prophet is a roots musician with a rock'n'roller barely below the surface - one with an eclectic record collection too, judging by how he mixes Philly soul, Dylanesque blues, pop, rock, electronica, even rap, sometimes all in the same song. As the Beatlesque title track, swamp-rocker Automatic Blues and stand-out country-soul ballad You've Got Me Where You Want Me attest, it works. Merry Christmas, everyone Stevie

Stevie Simkin
December 23rd, 2004

Chords for tunes

Looking for chords for Storm Across the Sea and Age of Miracles...

Mike
December 17th, 2004

No Edinburgh gig?

I am delighted that you are playing the fabulous King Tut's in Glasgow in April. Any chance of an Edinburgh gig too, or am I being too greedy?

Andreas Van Pantz
December 12th, 2004

Page 154 of 162 - ‹ First  < 152 153 154 155 156 >  Last ›

Old Friends (LYRICS)

What Makes the Money Dance? (LYRICS)

Summertime Thing (LYRICS)

That’s How Much I Need Your Love (LYRICS)

Elouise (LYRICS)

GIGSVILLEmore »

Sun Nov 19 Belle Angele
Edinburgh, UK
Mon Nov 20 Clwb Ifor Bach
Cardiff, UK
Tue Nov 21 La Boule Noire
Paris, France
Wed Dec 06 Coffeehouse Live at St. Andrew’s
Houston, TX
Fri Dec 08 Continental Club
Austin, TX