Chuck fans in Poland

Thanks Chuck for nice music ! I know probably you never come to Poland on gigs but just let you know there are your fans.

[ LINK ]

arno
October 30th, 2004

Great Washington Post Review

If Chuck keeps getting these kind of reviews in the big city newspapers, it's going to be a lot harder to get tickets to his shows. :) 10/17/04 - "Automatic Blues", the first track on this CD, kicks off with a swirl of Moog, a snarl of guitar—and the faint sound of a woman laughing. She was probably laughing at Chuck Prophet. It's not that the former frontman of proto-alt-country band Green on Red doesn't make some serious - and seriously moving - music. It's that, whether onstage or in the studio, he obviously loves his work. Whatever stylistic territory he explores - and "Age of Miracles" roams far, from hip-hop to garage to jangle-pop - his work is unified by his sometimes doomy, sometimes ironic voice, and by a creative delight that never seems smug or academic. That consistency is how he can make the leap from "Automatic Blues", a rocker so sludgy it brings mental images of dinosaurs dragging themselves from LaBrea, to "Age of Miracles", a sort of hippie-hymn-cum-headtrip-cum-cult-nightmare, with its mind-bending opening lines: "The night is gonna crush the day / Once it was the other way / We hope that you enjoy your stay." This track is barely gone before electronic blips and Prophet's voice, wailing "I got a letter this morning" through a bullhorn, open "You Did (Bomp Shooby Dooby Bomp)." When he raps "Who put the bomp in the bomp-shooby-dooby-bomp?" it's half affectionate tribute, half ominous accusation. Neither parody nor full-on hip-hop, it's just the right edgy, sometimes ambiguous style for the song's mood. A fine group of musicians, including several keyboardists, percussionists, horn players and backing vocalists, support this ambitious yet confident effort, designed to give its audience as good a time as its maker is having. On several songs, Prophet is still singing over the fade-out, as if he just can't be stopped.

Sandy
October 29th, 2004

Oz needs a prophet

Hey Chuck, are you ever going to make it down here to Oz. Best of luck with the new album, think it is great cobber.

BoyMambo
October 28th, 2004

"monkey in the middle chords?"

for the guitarist`s amongst ya...i`ve got the chords to this as Gm/Bb/C/and i think theres an Fm in there for the middle eight/bridge section?..with the Bb/C/Fm played in a kinda powerchord fashion. am i right or wrong?...or is he using a capo?. i`m rehearsing this one out with my band this week, so i`d like to know that i`m playing the right thing!. peace/rspect

Billy the Kid
October 24th, 2004

If It’s Tuesday This Must Be Belgium

Hi, I'm an American living in Brussels and am totally psyched to discover Chuck's playing in Gent—at a nice venue where I saw Lucinda play last year... A friend of mine recently gave me No Other Love, which is one of the best albums I've heard in a long time. I just bought The Hurting Business (equally brilliant) and am waiting for the new one. Looking forward to the Gent show...

[ LINK ]

Craig Winneker
October 19th, 2004

L.A.-aphobia?

If Chuck Prophet doesn't come to L.A. soon I will never stop crying. This could result in a serious medical condition, not to mention premature aging around the eye area. For the love of all that is good, get your ass down here Chuck Prophet. Thank you.

[ LINK ]

Daisy
October 19th, 2004

what a excellent vocalist Chuck is!.

i don`t know what you guy`s are into in a vocal sense?...but Chuck is one of the all time fucking greats for me. And do you know why?....because his voice is distinctive. okay, so there`s a bit of tom petty in there, but he is a far better vocalist in my opinion. I like to think i dig some of the greats from Taj Mahal, Doug Sahm, through to Tom waits, these guys can give me shivers in their vocal performances and so can Chuck Prophet. The first time i ever had the hairs on the back of my neck stand up due to a vocal performance was on "The Last Waltz" by "The Band"...when Neil Young sang "Helpless"....and Levon Helm gave a blistering rendition of "The Night they drove old Dixie down". I`ve never give a shit about the vocal range a singer has...for me its the way they deliver a tune which is far more fucking important that how many notes on the vocal scale they can reach!. The thing is with Chuck....he is just as good (vocally) on the "live" stage as he is on studio recordings from the times i`ve seen him play "live". So not only is he my favourite guitar player of all time, he also has one of the best singing voice`s in the business in my opinion. peace and respct.

Billy the Kid
October 17th, 2004

Chuck Rules Tampa Bay!

Chuck had the crowd eating out of their hands last night at Skipper's Smokehouse in Tampa. The place was full of Chuck0philes (myself included)singing every word to his songs(myself included). We just can't get enough. The newly tempo'd (sp.?)"Apology" was a knockout along with a stellar version of "West Memphis Three", a song so haunting and moving it brings me to tears (really). I can't say I don't miss Teenage Rob and Winston, I still don't know what went down and Chuck was pretty cryptic about what happened. Hey, mysteries are a good thing. Keeps life interesting. Regardless, the new band mates kept the groove going and Max Butler is always terrific. I did notice some pretty elaborate finishes to the songs - start them strong and finish them out with the same energy. wonderful. Let's see, what else would fans want to know? Oh, very important. Chuck looks terrific! Even though I have always been oddly attracted to his thin, lanky somewhat starved frame - he looks so great with a little meat on his bones. I might have even noticed some color in his cheeks! What a sweetie. Also, as one of Chuck's women supporters I would like to make it clear that Ms. Stephanie is truly loved by all in our fair city. We are waiting for a new album and we support the suggestion of Dusty covers by Steph. She is wonderfully talented with a voice like a summer song bird. Steph rocks! Chuck left this morning to travel to his next gig in Spokane Washington, he has Tampa's own Ronny Elliott in the van with him. As I understand it neither one of them are good drivers so drive defensively if you are on hwy 10 headed west. Lookout for two bandits on the road, white chevy van. And if you are lucky enough to find them, call me at 813-254-1. . . . ok, well nevermind. ONe more thing. If you are a fan of Chuck's and have never heard any of Ronny's music, start with a great cd titled "Poisonville" and go from there. A wonderful talent and a treasure in our community. Love to all Chuck fans and freaks. Remember, spend money on cd's and swag. Gotta keep the band in fresh guitar strings. More later. . . Keep the Peace and VOTE!

[ LINK ]

Jane Rose Doe a.k.a Sheryl, WMNF COMMUNITY RADIO, TAMPA
October 16th, 2004

Austin city limits/ recent live gigs

for the british fans amongst the gang, does anyone know if this programme has been televised over here on a satellite channel or the like?...looks like we won`t be getting to see the shows over here...major bummer!. shame about the fact that there`s only two dates taking place this year as well, both in London and i can`t make either unfortunately!....major bummer number 2! for those of you who have been lucky enough to check out chuck and co. over the past couple of weeks, how is the new line up sounding?...and do the tracks that he plays from "Age of Miracles" work on the live stage?....is you did (bomp shooby dooby bomp) been played for example?. peace and rspect.

[ LINK ]

Billy the Kid
October 16th, 2004

Thanks for the beer!

Chuck, Thanks for the brewski at the Jacksonville show! Enjoyed the performance...You Guys Rock!

James
October 13th, 2004

Page 159 of 163 - ‹ First  < 157 158 159 160 161 >  Last ›

Old Friends (LYRICS)

What Makes the Money Dance? (LYRICS)

Summertime Thing (LYRICS)

That’s How Much I Need Your Love (LYRICS)

Elouise (LYRICS)

GIGSVILLEmore »

Sat Dec 01 KRSH 25th Anniversary Party
Sebastopol, CA
Thu Dec 13 Coffeehouse Live at St. Andrew’s
Houston, TX
Fri Dec 14 Cactus Cafe
Austin, TX
Thu Jan 24 Kafe Antzokia
Bilbao, Spain
Fri Jan 25 Sala Albéniz
Gijon, Spain

BOARD

• New Year’s Day

"Does anyone have the chords for New Year's Day

• Make Out Room - Oct 5, 2018 - advance tix?

"Will there be advance tix for this show? The

• Shank Hall

"Well i couldn't go to SPACE. Went to Shank

• Song requests for SPACE wednesday

"I'll be there wednesday, my first time

• Rancho Nicasio

"Chuck - `You Did' was electrifying